Wednesday, July 24, 2013

"Give Me Seconds" Chicken Cordon Bleu



  ************
Earlier this week I made the best dinner yet in my crock pot! I even posted about it on my Facebook page saying, "You know dinner was good when you're thinking about making it again the next day!"

Well, sadly I didn't have any chicken to make it the next day. However, I got some and had it again the day after!

Oh, and did I mention that this gourmet meal is easy-peasy? Because I totally should!

Yummy and easy? Here we go!

Gather your goodies:
  • 1 can cream of chicken
  • Milk - I swished about half a can of milk in the soup can
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, or 6 thighs
  • A slice of deli ham and deli swiss cheese for each piece of chicken
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1 large handful of croutons (crushed) - can substitute Panko bread crumbs too!

Now glance at the clock - this should take less than 10 minutes to put together. Ready...set...assemble!

First - Pour the cream of chicken and milk into the crock pot and mix.

Second - Place chicken directly on top.

Third - Fold your deli ham and place on top.


Fourth - Lay a piece of cheese on top of each piece of ham.


Fifth - Cover with the crushed croutons. I found the ones pictured at Walmart and are delicious!


Sixth - Drizzle the butter on top.

Seventh - Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or High 3-4 hours. Chicken should always be cooked to at least 160 degrees.

Eighth - Gobble up and repeat steps 1-8!

The only way this recipe could be messed up is if you forget that last step!!

Who is going to be the first to try this??












1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! Can the chicken be frozen when you put it in the crock pot?

    ReplyDelete